How to hard reset Infinix Hot 4 X557
There are many reasons why you may wish to hard reset Infinix hot 4 X557. Hard resetting your Android device is never a thing to fear. You might be wondering what difference exist between Hard reset and factory reset.
Reasons to hard reset Infinix hot 4 X557
- When your apps begins to hang so bad
- When your internal memory becomes full
- When you forget your security lock
How to hard reset Infinix hot 4 X557
Infinix Hot 4 cannot be booted into stock recovery ordinarily. Hard resetting a device means that you want to boot into recovery either stock or custom recovery then wipe data. Since Infinix Hot 4 only boots into Android dead mode without going further, it means that you need to flash a custom recovery to it.
Custom recovery? From the name "custom", it means a more personalized Android recovery with advanced options. With custom recoveries like TWRP or CWM, you can perform a full Android backup of your Android OS ready to be shared with friends using the same device. Custom recovery varies with device type and model. You may not use a custom recovery meant for Infinix Hot 3 for Infinix Hot 4. It may lead to loop boot or stucked boot logo.
In this post, I have defined it into two steps. The first step show us how to install custom recovery for Infinix Hot 4. I have referenced a reliable resource to help you flash the recovery. Flash is an Android advanced term for modders and customizers. To flash simply means to install a file/app through recovery usually in a zipped format. In this area, the custom recovery is the file to be installed usually in Zip archive.
Always make sure that you use the recommended custom file. When this is not met, your phone may likely be soft bricked. Soft bricking means that your phone cannot be booted to desktop. It can only boot to recovery.
- Press and hold the power button simultaneously with volume down button till your phone vibrates. Release immediately after vibration to display XOS Chameleon No command.
- Hold power button for 2 to 3 seconds and tap volume up button to enter stock recovery option.
- Use the volume down and up button to select any recovery option.
- Select "Wipe data and factory reset"
- Press the power button to Choose it
- Scroll to choose YES
Wait until data wipe is complete. Now choose Reboot system now.
Your device has successfully been restored to default settings.