This is for the tough guys. This post is not intended to breach Android user’s privacy to controlling their protected wireless hotspot rather to view saved Wi-Fi Passwords.
Assuming someone or a friend shared the password to her hotspot but you mistakenly deleted the saved connection. This post will help you to recover saved wifi passwords. This will work if the person hasn’t changed the password.
How to view saved Wi-Fi Passwords on Android phones
- Rooted Android phone
- File manager that has root privilege eg. Solid Explorer Pro, ES Explorer, Root Explorer etc.
I will be using ES Explorer for you because it is free. It looks long but it is very simple.
Also read Reasons to root your Android
Proceed to view your saved wifi password
- Having downloaded and installed ES Explorer. Click here to download ES Explorer
- Open ES Explorer,tap on the three horizontal stacked line beside sdcard.
- Then scroll down to “Root Explorer”, toggle it on to turn blue. Now tap on “Allow” to grant root access to ES Explorer.
- Now, scroll up to “/ Device” and tap on it.
- Tap on “data”, locate and tap “misc”, scroll down to locate “wifi” and tap on it.
- Now, tap and hold “wpa_suppliant.conf”, tap on the three vertically stacked dots.
- Scroll down and tap “Open As”.
- Choose Open As an “Text”.
- From the options shown, select and tap “ES Note Editor”.
- The editor will be shown containing all the networks that you have connected to. Look for “network”, you could see “ssid”,”psk”,”key_mgtmt”.
SSID contains the name of the wifi networks that you have connected to. If you could view the image below, the networks that i have connected to are four (4).They are “MTN BB Mobile Hotspot 3371”, “SSS”, “emmason”, “ADYYU3Vu”.
PSK contains the passwords to the wireless networks. All the above listed network names have unique passwords assigned to them
Key_mgmt contains the security type assigned to the network. It is either “NONE”, “WPA-PSK” or “WP2-PSK”. You don’t need to worry about this.
Now, you can reconnect to that particular network and provide the password assigned to it. If the owner haven’t changed the password, then you and your friends are lucky.
Please, if you find this post confusing, comment below.
I’m passionate to helping people solve their challenges online. I can help you with everything about mini importation, order for you, pay your supplier in Yuan, social media marketing etc. Check out my agency website chukasmobi.com. Feel free to connect me on social media below.