Google Account Verification or what others call Factory Reset Protection , FRP, is a new security layer introduced by Google from its Lollipop version to later. It is intended to render your device useless especially when stolen or lost. Nobody will have access to your device except you.
But it has become a nightmare to users. Google Account Verification comes in when a user resets a used phone he/she got from OLX, Jiji or Ebay. There will a need for one to face this issue since the earlier Google account has been wiped. No worry, this post will guide you in two different ways.
Bypassing Google Account Verification / Factory Reset Protection, FRP
- Boot your device and select preferred language
- Connect to Wi-FI network. Make sure it has strong internet connection.
- You will be prompted to enter email, then tap on it as if you want to type something to bring up keyboard
- From the keyboard, tap and hold the “@” button until it pops up gear icon to input options like Google keyboard settings, languages
- Choose Google keyboard settings
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots at the right top part of your screen
- Now Select the Help & Feedback
- From the screen displayed, look for settings in the text, select it, copy it and tap on the search icon
- You should see Settings menu on the search queries. Tap on it to open device settings
- Scroll down to About Phone or About device and tap 7 times on the Build number to enable Developer Options
- Return to Settings and open the Developer Option that you just enabled
- Allow OEM Unlocking and tap Back two times
- Restart your device
- Connect your Wi-Fi again. You won’t be prompted to log in the previous Google Account and instead the phone will ask you to ADD a new Google Account. Instead Skip it.
- Continue to set up your phone.
- Select Backup & reset
- Choose Factory reset data
- Choose Erase phone then Erase Everything
- Once your phone reboots, continue to set up your phone.
Read how to remove Google account verification with PC here
I’m passionate about helping people solve technical challenges on Android and social media apps. Check out my Agency at thepassionateboss.com.