Last Updated on April 17, 2018 by Shruba Aryan
You can say that again, Tecno P5+ is an older Tecno Android smartphone, but i have gotten some needs to write on how to hard reset Tecno P5+ Plus including Tecno L2 and Y2. I have written earlier on how to hard reset Infinix Hot 3 X554 and Tecno Camon C8 should you need to read about them. In those posts, I mentioned reasons one would hard reset ones smartphone.
Today, I have added extra reasons why you hard reset Tecno P5+ or other Android smartphones
- When it starts to download and install apps by itself
- When it automatically turn on Wi-Fi and data continuously
- When it forces your apps to close repeatedly in annoying manner
- When your apps begin to disappear
- When your phone begin to hang, slow and force close apps
- When you need to free internal memory
As you can see, the same procedure works with hard resetting Tecno Y2. If your Tecno Y2 begins to hide current call history, continuous music during incoming call and airtime status check, then you need to hard reset it.
How to Hard Reset Tecno P5+ Plus, L2, Y2 – The simple way
|Choosing boot mode ©ChuksGuide|
Hard resetting Tecno P5+ Plus is not straight forward unlike other earlier Tecno brands. You have to go through some two steps before entering recovery mode just like downloading mode in Samsung phones.
Please, Make sure that your battery is charged at least 40% depending on how your battery discharges. Your installed apps, accounts, primary files, games, phone contacts, messages, call logs and other files stored in your internal memory will be lost after this process. Learn how to backup your contacts, call logs, messages before hard reset.
Steps to Factory resetting Tecno P5+
- Shut down your device
- Hold and press volume up button together with power button until boot mode appears. PS: Make sure you first hold down the volume up button before the power button to avoid normal booting.
- Press the volume up button to select Recovery Mode. Here are the list of boot modes in Tecno P5+ , L2, Y2
- Press the power button to choose the selected boot mode, Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to exit the dead Android logo to Android system recovery mode
- Press the volume down button to select Wipe data/factory reset
- Press the volume up button to choose the selected “wipe data/factory reset option
- From the confirmation options, select and choose “Yes — delete all user data”
- After data have been wiped, press “reboot system now”.
|Choose “Reboot system now” ©ChuksGuide|