Last Updated on February 7, 2021
One of the most frustrating things about 1688.com and Taobao.com is the failure to receive verification code to complete one’s registration on either platform.
It is frustrating because one has to pass through the stress of translating one page from Chinese to English yet still cannot receive verification code.
If you are in Nigeria, there may be possible reasons from your network provider. Airtel and Glo may delay your verification code with reasons best known to 1688.com and Taobao.
MTN seems to work better than other networks. If you have an MTN line, you may try to see how it works.
If it doesn’t work then we may look into some other reasons as listed below;
- Is your line activated to DND(Do not disturb)? To check your DND status on any network, send STATUS to 2442 or HELP to 2442. It is FREE.Note: The Do-Not-Disturb service allows MTN customers to opt-out of receiving promotional messages for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.)
- 1688.com or Taobao server busy.
- Poor network connection issue may delay response from 1688.com. Check whether your mobile phone is out of service. Please re-submit request by changing network.
- Poor or Low network on the receiving line. That’s the phone number that will receive 1688.com verification code.
- Network busy on receiver’s line. If you’re using the same line for your internet connection, chances are there may be network busy. It is better to use a different line to receive the verification code.
- For Nigerians, when entering your phone number, if your phone number is 07029038383 start with 7029038383 and not 07029038383.
- If you have a torchlight phone, please move your SIM card into your torchlight phone. It has proven to have more network and less activity, unlike smartphones.
If you still cannot receive your verification code for a maximum 3 times then you need to pause the registration till the next 24 hours.