Last Updated on December 14, 2020
I earlier wrote about giving permission access to allow apps take control of your SD card in Lollipop. Today, this guide works for devices running Android 6 Marshmallow especially for devices like Samsung, Lenovo and some custom Roms.
Try this method and check if it works for you.
Disclaimer: Remember your actions are solely at your own risk. Wrong flashing method can lead to boot loop or bricked device.
Try any of these methods below;
For Normal Android Stock recovery. Use this method if you are confused about custom recovery.
- Root your Android using KingoRoot. If your device is rooted, proceed
- Download Flashable image from this link
- Download Flashify.
- Open Flashify and select Recovery image
- Locate the downloaded flashable image you downloaded
- Then, confirm select. Wait till the process is finished
- Now, reboot your phone. Your device can read your SD Card
Method 2: For users with custom recovery
- Turn off phone,
- Boot into recovery,
- Backup your system and data partition, (optional)
- Choose Advance, Install from SD
- Locate the downloaded flashable image
- Choose YES to confirm installing from SD
- Reboot phone normally.
To revert the changes, follow the same steps again. This means that flashing it twice will have no effect.
Credits to Rufus Kelvin XDA Developers