You might have come about an annoying notification saying “Sim Card not detected reboot phone” on your Android device especially on Infinix phones. You might experience this on your first time usage with your phone but you need not to worry so much.
In this short post, this simple guide will fix the SIM card not detected issue without losing your data or installed apps.
Fix SIM Card not detected on Infinix, Samsung…
What we need to do is to quickly clear your device cache partitions to keep it fresh and clean. You may check my hard reset posts because their ideas are needed here.
To clear cache partition, we have to boot into Android recovery mode. Depending on your Android device, there are slightly different ways to boot into recovery.
For a general recovery boot mode, you have to carefully combine these keys together. Press and hold VOLUME UP button + Power button + Home button together until something happens. Then release your fingers.
If your Android phone has no home button just like in Samsung, Xiaomi, you only need to hold volume up button and power button.
For the special case of Infinix, Tecno; when you pressed these keys and nothing happened, then try this
- Press and hold the power button simultaneously with volume up button till your phone vibrates. Release immediately after vibration to display XOS Chameleon No command.
- Hold power button for 1 to 2 seconds and tap volume up button to enter stock recovery option.
- Use the volume down and up button to select any recovery option.
After the recovery has come up, it is time to clear the cache.
Use your device volume up and down button to navigate the recovery options. Use power button to select Wipe Cache partition. Once that is successful, reboot system now.
If the above fails, then we should try to reposition/adjust our SIM on its slot
- Power off your Android phone.
- Remove the SIM card from the SIM slot.
- Slightly wipe the SIM tray with soft cloth like handkerchief without being damp or brush (with methylated spirit)
- Reinsert the SIM into the slot.
- Power on your Android phone.
- Check if the handset is able to detect the SIM card or not.
If the above fails, then we check if the SIM card / slot is broken
First, replaced a new SIM card. If it continues, then we move to check if the slot is damaged. This might require the attention of a good phone technician.
I hope you find this post useful