It is believed that Alibaba is the English version of the Chinese 1688. The simple truth is that Alibaba is an international trade platform while 1688 is a local trade platform. For mobile online shoppers, you can translate 1688 App from Chinese to English with your mobile phone.
Please note that there is already available tool that translate 1688 from Chinese to English when using your PC or Desktop version of 1688.com but it is only limited to using your Chrome browser. Read the full guide here.
If you have used 1688 in the past then you must have come across a very important issue with the platform. The problem is most sellers on 1688 do not speak English which makes it rough to express your buying taste. Read our guide on how to speak with Chinese sellers on 1688.
In order to translate 1688 app from Chinese to English, you need a few requirements below;
- 1688 mobile app – download it here for Android. For iPhone, visit 1688.com to download the app directly from your iPhone or any iOS device.
- Google Translate app – download it from Play Store for Android. For iPhone, download from App store
Note: Before we continue, our article will only translate few important portions of the 1688 app. It will not translate the entire app just like you can with our tutorial here in using Chrome browser.
Now, we can now proceed to translate Chinese to English on 1688 app.
Simple steps to translate 1688 App from Chinese to English.
- Install both 1688 app and Google translate app for your mobile device from the links above.
- Open 1688 app, look for item you wish to buy either using the simple search bar or using image search. The entire app is written on Chinese but you can still perform searches in English.
- If you have found the item to buy from list of many, then this is where you need to perform some translation. That particular product page should look like the one in the image below.
- Now, it is either you scroll down a little bit to look for the seller’s information or checkout directly from the app. If you want to check out directly from 1688 app, you must be signed up.
To translate every portion of 1688, take a screenshot of the page and use Google translate that you already have. Follow the steps below;
- Open Google translate
- Click on the camera icon to import the 1688 product page you earlier took
- Browse the image from your Gallery and allow Google translate to scan the photo
- You have two options
- Either to use your finger to highlight what Chinese character to translate or
- Select entire image to translate
- Depending on which option you chose, you will be left with the translation. Tap on the right arrow icon to view your translation. Your final translation may look like this
Repeat the procedure as long as you want. You can get the seller’s phone number, email and even local physical address for your Chinese shipping agent.
We hope you find this article useful.
I’m passionate about helping people solve technical challenges on Android and social media apps. Check out my Agency at thepassionateboss.com.