Screen overlay most times gets some folks pissed off. I have seen someone that actually thought that the overlay stuff was a sign of malware on his device. This is actually a part of Android permission feature that grants apps priority over other apps.
- Screen filters
- Energy savers
- Floating apps (Memory cleaners, weather apps…)
Fix Screen overlay detected on every Android
- Open device Settings or Tap OPEN SETTINGS from the pop up
- Scroll down to Applications > App Manager
- Under App manager, tap More on the top right of your screen
- From the options, choose Can appear on top
- Now, you are left with apps currently using screen overlay permission. What you do is turn off suspecting apps until the screen overlay detected disappears.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Apps
- Under All apps, tap on the Gear icon at the top right
- From the options, choose “Draw over other apps“
- Now, under the Draw over other apps screen, Make sure you sort it as Apps with permissions” then tap on which apps to turn off it this feature
- Download Install Button unlocker
- Turn off apps you would like to deny screen overlay permission
I’m passionate about helping people solve technical challenges on Android and social media apps. I work as a web designer with keen interest on how design and experience influences users. I talk about influencing business at thepassionateboss.com. Feel free to connect me on social media.