Screen overlay most times gets some folks pissed off. I have seen someone that actually thought that the overlay stuff was a sign of malware on his device. This is actually a part of Android permission feature that grants apps priority over other apps.
- Screen filters
- Energy savers
- Floating apps (Memory cleaners, weather apps…)
Fix Screen overlay detected on every Android
- Open device Settings or Tap OPEN SETTINGS from the pop up
- Scroll down to Applications > App Manager
- Under App manager, tap More on the top right of your screen
- From the options, choose Can appear on top
- Now, you are left with apps currently using screen overlay permission. What you do is turn off suspecting apps until the screen overlay detected disappears.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Apps
- Under All apps, tap on the Gear icon at the top right
- From the options, choose “Draw over other apps“
- Now, under the Draw over other apps screen, Make sure you sort it as Apps with permissions” then tap on which apps to turn off it this feature
- Download Install Button unlocker
- Turn off apps you would like to deny screen overlay permission
I’m passionate about helping people solve technical challenges on Android and social media apps. Check out my Agency at thepassionateboss.com.