Last Updated on December 14, 2020
In order to clarify the differences between deactivating and deleting Facebook account, then follow this link to learn more about it.
Now, to deactivate Facebook account, what you just need is to make sure you still know and have your password.
Logging out and deleting your Facebook app doesn’t meant that you have deactivated your Facebook account because you will still be seen by your friends and everyone on Facebook.
To deactivate Facebook account, follow the steps below
- Login to Facebook
- Click the drop-down arrow at the top right on Facebook
- Click Settings from the list of options displayed
- Click General in the left column or just follow this link https://web.facebook.com/settings?tab=account
- Click Manage your account
- Scroll down to Deactivate your account
- Click Deactivate your account.
In the meantime, your Facebook account will be deactivated.
How to reactivate Facebook account
In order to reactivate your account at any time, you only need your username or email and your password.
In order to complete the reactivation, either download Facebook mobile app or login to Facebook using a web browser and follow the steps as shown.
Things to note about deactivating Facebook account
- Once your Facebook account is deactivated, your profile won’t be visible again on Facebook, on people’s friend lists but you still be counted as a friend and people won’t be able to search for you.
- Your Messenger account will remain active. This means you can still send and receive messages with friends on Messenger or Messenger contacts. Your profile picture will still be visible in your conversations.
- People will still be able to find you on Messenger through your Facebook name or username.
- You also can be able to receive calls on Messenger from your Messenger contacts.
You may also read – How to keep your Facebook Account safe from Hackers