Last Updated on July 26, 2016
I have used many Android Home screen replacements (Launchers) but Lens Launcher has proven unique. It looks like that of Nokia Z launcher but it is not. Instead of scrolling long lists or swiping through multiple pages, Lens Launcher displays all of your apps, regardless of screen size or app count.
Lens Launcher also includes a full Settings menu to tweak all aspects of the Lens; Distortion, Scaling, Icon Size, Haptic Feedback, etc. There is no room for our normal app drawer. What you need to is configure the launcher if you would love to.
Lens Launcher is a simple home replacement for Android devices running from Jellybean, 4.1 to later version. You won’t be able to use widgets or add multiple screens because it has no support for it now. No app drawer icon to view list of installed apps. All your apps are displayed with respect to your screen size.
How to use Lens Launcher?
- Once installed, tap your home button to choose your default launcher
- Choose “Lens Camera” and tap always. Your new home screen is loaded.
- Move around your device screen with your finger over app you wish to open
- Do not tap on the app icon
- Keep your finger steady till the app name displays. Now release your finger to launch app.
NOTE: This would not take 5 seconds to open any app. Hover around and choose Lens Launcher from the app lists in other to turn into settings. Make sure that you enabled “show touches” to enable quicker touch instances. Lens home replacement also allow icon pack.