Last Updated on July 6, 2022
There is no specific reason why Facebook message sent but not delivered even when your friend is seen active on Messenger. Although, we have listed some of the reasons why your messages are not delivered on Messenger.
The reasons are likely listed below:
- The recipient is simply not connected to Messenger app at the moment. They can be active using Facebook on web browsers.
- If the message sent to the person is neither your Facebook friend nor your Messenger contact, then your messages sent are marked as filtered in their “Message Requests or Connection Requests” section. Which means that your message will be marked as delivered it has been accepted by your friend”.
- Your message has intentionally been ignored by your friend or recipient. Read how it works
- Maybe the network on your end is too slow to update the status of the message sent.
But recently, these reasons are no longer the exact possibilities why sent Facebook message are not delivered even when they are active on Facebook.
From our experiences so far and the type of complaints we have received prior to the Facebook message sent but not delivered even when Active, we have come up with the reasons that are best fit for this Messenger issue.
Messenger is possibly running on a separate server which may not be shared with Facebook. When you now send a message through Messenger, it attempts to send the message to the recipient using the Messenger server.
Servers are mapped on locations. If the server that your location is mapped to is working without any issue, then your message will be marked as sent to be received by the recipient’s server.
But if the recipient server has some technical glitch, your message would be hung up on the way showing that the receiver’s side has not received your message. Your server sends back delivery status to you that the message has not been delivered because there was no response from the recipient’s server.
The message remains marked as undelivered as sent until the recipient’s server is ready to intercept your chats. If Messenger team were fast enough to handle the problem on their sides, your messages will be delivered in few hours but if not, the delivery time will tarry as long as the server remains not fixed.
If your message is not delivering that means problem is on recipient side. It could be server problem, internet problem. You can also test this by sending message to some more friends.
Solving Facebook message sent but not delivered
- Login to Facebook via a laptop or desktop using your favourite web browser
- Try to send a message to as many active friends as you have.
If your message is not delivered to only one friend, then it could be that the person has ignored you on Messenger.
For a friend to ignore you on Messenger, it means that they no longer want to chat with you, they don’t want to see your chat on Messenger, and some other personal reasons. Click here to read more about Messenger message ignore and what it is.
When you find out that you have been ignored, all your messages won’t be marked as delivered until they have removed you from ignore list.
Note: If this issue persists, be rest assured that most times the Facebook servers break down. It can take some minutes, hours to get back to normal. You only need patience.
We do not work with Facebook nor Messenger. These are our contributions based on our experiences.
You may find this article helpful: Why your friend is Offline but your Messenger Message was Delivered
Update: Messenger has recently moved ignore to Restrict. It will now be restricted messages.